A few days ago I saw this beautiful summer salad post from @wallysofficial It look so delicious that I just had to try to make it. In the Kitchen with Chef Ryan recipe is in their website. I had to modify mine as follow:
- Fresh Wild Tuna Stakes
- Rainbow carrots
- Heirloom cherry tomatoes
- Small mix tomatoes
- Raspberries, blueberries, strawberries, blackberries.
- Sliced Mangos
- Mix green lettuce
- Mint leaves
- Mozzarella balls
- Toasted sesame seeds
- For seasoning: smoked sea salt, garlic powder, fresh ground pepper, home-made balsamic vinaigrette and balsamic glaze.
- Preheat grill till you can hold your hand above for 10 secs.
- Season the tuna and carrots with olive oil, smoked sea salt, garlic powder and fresh ground pepper
- Quickly seared the tuna and the carrots in the grill. I like my carrots crunchy so I leave them as long as the tuna. Let them cool of a little before cutting them.
- To serve: start with a base of green lettuce, sprinkle all the berries, mango, tomatoes, mozzarella on top. Add the sliced carrots and tuna, on top add some of the toasted sesame seeds and mint leaves. Season with the balsamic vinaigrette and glaze.
Decided to pair it with a Louis Latour 2015 Grand Cru Corton-Charlemagne. Not everyday I get to eat this pretty so I needed a Beautiful wine to with. It displays a complex nose of yellow apples, pears, almonds, vanilla and honey. This is a full and powerful wine, very round and rich which pair extremely well with the acidity of all the berries. It has a lengthy finish, which did not take away from the tuna but enhance it.
🇫🇷 #CortonCharlemagne #GrandCru #Burgundy #France